Yahoo is focused on making the world's daily habits inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog (yahoo.tumblr.com).
A Little About Us:
Yahoo digital magazines are based in NYC and LA. Our interns will work directly with editorial leaders on the team, as well as various freelance writers and contributing editors. This is a rare chance to join a growing team and gain editorial experience.
A Lot About You:
We are seeking bright, creative, and endlessly curious interns to support Yahoo Entertainment and Beauty / Yahoo News and Politics / Yahoo Finance / Yahoo Sports / and Yahoo Social Media. The ideal candidates must be obsessed with Journalism and possess a deep knowledge of all forms of media. He or she should also be a smart, fast, and funny writer with a knack for research, social media promotion, and creating content for a digital medium. He or she must be a self-starter, 100% reliable, willing to learn new things and be able to work effectively in our highly collaborative environment.
· Pitch story ideas during editorial meetings
· Research (finding clips for videos, for example)
· Report from live events like movie premieres
· Help maintain and manage our video database, including internal network trailers
You Must Have:
· Working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in journalism-related field
· Strong academic performance (3.5 GPA or above)
· Strong grammar and communication skills
· Experience at school paper, a local news affiliate, network/cable news or digital video company
· Familiarity with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc)
If interested, please send resume with GPA to email@example.com