UPDATE, Dec 13, 2011: One of our 11 editors, Davan Maharaj, has just been named the top editor of the Los Angeles Times, two days after he signed up to be part of the challenge. Coincidence? We think not!
UPDATE, JAN 20, 2012: One of our 11 editors, Raju Narisetti, has just been named managing editor of the Wall Street Journal Digital Network, a month after he signed up to be part of the challenge. Coincidence? We think not!
NYC, Dec 8, 2011: We are delighted to announce the SAJA Editors Challenge, an unprecedented show of support by some of our most senior members.
Eleven top editors and producers in the country (list below) have come together to create a challenge grant for SAJA members and friends.
Their special pool of money will match, dollar-for-dollar, all donations made, up to a total of $10,000. We have till Feb. 8th, 2012, to complete this challenge!
"We are excited that this outstanding group of leaders in our industry, whom so many of us seek out for guidance, inspiration and more, is also stepping up to support SAJA individually," said Jigar Mehta, SAJA president. "Now, it's time for the SAJA community to step up to the challenge."
11 SAJA EDITORS
It takes just two minutes to donate online: Your donation will be processed through PayPal. You don't need an account to use the service.
- Fareed Zakaria (@fareedzakaria), editor-at-large, Time and host, “Fareed Zakaria GPS” on CNN
- Jai Singh (@jaijs), editor-in-chief, Yahoo News, Sports, Entertainment
- Madhulika Sikka (@madhulikasikka), executive producer, NPR's Morning Edition
- Raju Narisetti (@rajunarisetti), managing editor, Washington Post
- Davan Maharaj (@davanmaharaj), managing editor & editor-designate, Los Angeles Times (taking charge Dec 23, 2011)
- Stephanie Mehta (@stephaniemehta), executive editor, Fortune
- Nikhil Deogun (@nikdeogun), editor-in-chief, CNBC
- Peter Bhatia (@peterbhatia), editor, The Oregonian
- Bobby Ghosh (@ghoshworld), world editor, Time
- Tunku Varadarajan (@tunkuv), editor, Newsweek International
- Om Malik (@om), founding editor, GigaOm blog network, one of the most influential tech networks in the world and SAJA co-founder
Please let us know if you would prefer to pay via check at email@example.com and we can provide information.