2023 SAJA Awards
SAJA is excited to once again recognize and award some of the great journalism produced last year! Many of our awards focus on reporting about South Asia or the South Asian diaspora. Other awards recognize the tremendous work produced by journalists of South Asian backgrounds. Together, these awards help further our mission of supporting newsroom diversity and promoting better coverage of issues related to South Asia worldwide.
See below for details on this year's SAJA awards! Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: August 26, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
The submitted piece(s) of work must have:
SAJA levies a non-refundable application fee to help cover some of the costs of the awards process. The fee is $80 per entry for companies who are making submissions on behalf of employees, $25 per entry for individual journalists submitting on behalf of themselves and $15 per entry for students.
SAJA will select a pool of volunteer judges for each award, who will rate each submission on a number of factors including:
SAJA this year is recognizing journalism in a number of different categories: business, arts and culture, international, and breaking news. Here is a full list:
1. The Daniel Pearl Award for outstanding reporting about South Asia
2. Outstanding business story about South Asia, or the worldwide South Asian diaspora
3. Outstanding arts, culture, and lifestyle reporting about South Asia, or the worldwide South Asian diaspora
4. Outstanding breaking news reporting about South Asia, or the worldwide South Asian diaspora
5. Outstanding international reporting on any subject by a South Asian journalist primarily conducted outside of the U.S. or Canada
CATEGORY FOR SOUTH ASIAN STUDENTS IN U.S.A OR CANADA
6. Outstanding story on any subject by a South Asian student in the U.S. or Canada